Las Vegas has positioned itself to be the “Entertainment Capital of the World” and there is no slowing down of what we can expect from Sin City in the new year. With a huge draw for sports and entertainment, there is something for everyone and if you haven’t been to Las Vegas in the last year, it’s a good time to go back and see what’s new!
The biggest darling of the 2017/2018 NHL year has to be the Las Vegas Golden Knights, heading straight to the Stanley Cup Finals in its inaugural year, which gave fans from all over Western Canada increased opportunities to head to Vegas to support their teams throughout the playoffs. Fans from Canada love hockey so it never takes much to convince hockey fans to head to Vegas to watch their teams play.
It’s become common practice for many singers and bands to set up residency in Las Vegas so fans can experience all their favourite music acts.
Lady Antebellum Sets the Stage for ‘Our Kind of Vegas’ Residency at The Pearl
• Lady Antebellum has announced their first-ever Las Vegas residency, OUR KIND OF
• The residency launches Feb. 8, 2019 at the Palms Casino Resort’s Pearl Concert
• ‘Lady A’ will be the first Country act to headline the venue
• The seven-time GRAMMY award-winning trio will combine their chart-topping songs with
unparalleled production and multidimensional staging
Pop Icon Britney Spears to Launch New Residency at Park Theater
• Britney Spears will launch her new residency, “Britney: Domination,” at Park Theater at Park MGM resort in February 2019
• The residency is presented in partnership by MGM Resorts International and Live Nation
• Britney’s new show is designed to give concertgoers an immersive experience
Jimmy Kimmel Partners with Caesars Entertainment to Open Comedy Club
• Next spring, Caesars Entertainment will open Jimmy Kimmel’s Comedy Club at The LINQ Promenade
• In partnership with Caesars Entertainment, the club will showcase comedians ranging from up-and-coming talent to household names curated by Kimmel and his team
• The 8,000-square-foot venue will be designed by Kimmel and his comedian friends as an optimal setting for both comedy talent and the audience
• The venue will also feature an expandable showroom that seats up to 300 guests
• The club will open seven nights a week, with a bar open daily and shows nightly
New York bBd’s — Beers, Burgers, Desserts — Debuts Its First Las Vegas Location
bBd’s (Beers, Burgers, Desserts) has joined the lineup of new restaurants on the casino floor at Palace Station alongside Boathouse Asian Eatery and the newly reconceptualized Feast Buffet. The all-new restaurant brings a homage to America’s beloved burger and a focus on scratch cooking. Created by Chef Ralph Perrazzo, this New York-based restaurant marks a return to Las Vegas for Perrazzo.
Silverton Casino Hotel Welcomes New Culinary Destination Su Casa
Silverton Casino Hotel’s newest culinary venture, Su Casa, will open in early November. The eatery, inside Mi Casa Grill and Cantina, will merge coastal Asian cuisine with culinary traditions of Mexico. Offerings will include fresh coastal favorites like Ceviche, Poke Bowls, Sashimi, and Nigiri and hearty dishes such as Sushi Burritos, Sushi Rolls and Ramen.
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Premieres New Dining Concepts, Ghost Donkey and RedPlate
Ghost Donkey, a speakeasy-style mezcal and tequila bar, joins the offerings at newly-opened Block 16 Urban Food Hall. New York City’s famed mezcal and tequila bar pulls inspiration from the alluring ingredients and flavors of Mexico and features an extensive selection of mezcal and tasting flights, specialty crafted cocktails and late-night snacks including nachos
Red Plate, a sophisticated new dining concept located on the third level of The Cosmopolitan’s Boulevard Tower, celebrates traditional Chinese cuisine in a refined setting. Chef Yip Cheung honors traditional Chinese techniques and preparations to present an authentic Cantonese menu with hints of modern inspiration. Menu highlights include carefully selected, signature roasted meats, Chinese hot pot and handmade dim sum.
Charter a plane!
If you haven’t been to Vegas in awhile, maybe it’s time to plan a quick visit! And if you have a large enough of a group, maybe it’s time you considered chartering your own plane to Vegas, with no baggage fees, no security lines and so much more! (Pssst! We have those connections and can provide that level of concierge service!) Contact me for more information!